In the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, INRAE has one of its strongest representations with nearly 1400 members of staff in total. The institute is present in two research centres, the Clermont-Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Centre and the Lyon-Grenoble Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Centre.
The Clermont-Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Centre brings together the units located in the Auvergne region, from Bourbonnais to Aurillac via Clermont-Ferrand, with 14 research units and 14 experimental facilities, representing 840 staff (permanent and contractual staff).
The Centre is part of a particularly dynamic ecosystem, within the second French region in terms of research and development. It allows the development of numerous partnerships at local, national and international level. Nearly 300 partnership agreements were under management in 2020.
Following INRAE's national scientific policy, and in order to ensure regional coherence, the two regional centres have a joint scientific plan, which represents the Institute's research offer in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region. This roadmap is organized into 6 priority themes:
- agroecology of grassland farming systems, the quality of the products derived from it and animal health;
- integrative biology of model and cultivated plants and adaptation to their environment;
- water, watersheds, aquatic ecology and associated environmental technologies;
- territories and socio-ecosystems, their qualifications, their trajectories and their support;
- natural, health and environmental risks;
- human nutrition, food complexity and health.
- 20 units
- 671 permanent staff
- 157 contractual staff
- 407 staff members from our partners present in the Centre’s Units
69 M€ budget, of which 11 M€ come from resources of the Units
14 joint infrastructures
- Nearly 300 partnership agreements under management in 2020
- 29 active patents and 35 licenses
- 473 publications in peer-reviewed journals in 2020