In the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, INRAE has one of its strongest representation with nearly 1400 members of staff in total. The institute is present via its two research centres, the Clermont-Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Centre and the Lyon-Grenoble Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Centre.
The Clermont-Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Centre brings together the units located in the Auvergne region, from Bourbonnais to Aurillac via Clermont-Ferrand, with 14 research units and 14 structuring experimental facilities, representing 840 staff (INRAE members of permanent staff and INRAE contract workers).
The Centre is part of a particularly dynamic ecosystem, within the second French region in terms of research and development. It allows the development of numerous partnerships at local, national and international level. Nearly 300 partnership agreements were under management in 2020.
Following the new Institute's national scientific policy, and in order to ensure regional coherence, the two regional centres have a joint scientific plan, which represents the INRAE Institute's research offer in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region. This roadmap is organized into 6 priority themes:
- the agroecology of grassland farming systems, the quality of the products derived from it and animal health;
- integrative biology of model and cultivated plants and adaptation to their environment;
- water, watersheds, aquatic ecology and associated environmental technologies;
- territories and socio-ecosystems, their qualifications, their trajectories and their support;
- natural, health and environmental risks;
- human nutrition, food complexity and health.
The Teams :
- 20 units
- 671 members of permanent staff
- 157 contract workers
- 407 members of staff from our partners present in the Centre’sUnits
69 M€ budget, of which 11 M€ come from resources of the Units
14 joint infrastructures
- Nearly 300 partnerships agreements under management in 2020
- 29 active patents and 35 licenses
- 473 publications in peer-reviewed journals in 2020