The main research topics targeted are:
- the interplay between pandemics, such as COVID, and biodiversity, the environment, agricultural practices and food systems
- changes in food production and consumption patterns;
- the impact of globalisation and climate change on food systems and market organisation;
- pandemic management strategies and public policies.
This agreement consolidates the efforts to strengthen collaboration between the French research organizations INRAE, CIRAD and IRD and the Consortium of International Agricultural Research Centres (CGIAR), in accordance with their joint declaration of 22 March 2019.
Eventually, the institutes expect to launch joint annual calls for cross-mobility programmes for researchers.
* The International Food Policy Research Institute, IFPRI, is one of the 15 members of the Consortium of International Agricultural Research Centres (CGIAR)