Located in thirteen sites in the heart of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region, the INRAE Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur centre focuses its research on issues specific to the Mediterranean region: agroecology and adaptation of agriculture and forests to climate change, water resources, natural risks, human nutrition.
Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Centre
The INRAE Provence-Alpes-Côte d´Azur research centre is the fourth largest of INRAE' 18 centres with a consolidated budget of €71 million, including €14 million in autonomous resources. It has a staff of 1,300, including 710 permanent staff members located on 13 sites: Avignon, Sophia-Antipolis and Aix-en-Provence le Tholonet, and ten other sites including Aix-en-Provence Arbois, Marseille Luminy and La Timone, Gotheron, Cape Town Antibes, Nice, Les Vignères, Manduel l'Amarine.
- 13 locations
- 710 permanent staff, including 340 researchers and engineers;
- 300 to 350 contractual staff;
- 170 staff from partners and associated organizations;
- 14 research units, including 7 joint research units;
- 3 experimental units;
- 5 joint technological units and around twenty platforms spread across the 13 sites in the Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur region.
- 560 publications per year in peer-reviewed journals;
- 38 research contracts signed per year with a socio-economic partner (+ 1 SATT contract) and 19 patents in progress (3 per year for the last two years) and 17 licenses.
Soon the units list
Domaine Saint Paul
Site de Sophia
Site d'Aix Le Tholonet