The activities of the Île-de-France - Versailles-Grignon centre are structured around eight topics, shared with the Île-de-France - Jouy-en-Josas - Antony centre:
- Microorganisms, Health & Environment
- Animal Science, Diversity, Adaptation & Health
- Plant Science, Diversity, Health & Biotechnology
- Aquatic ecosystems & Natural Risks
- Digital Sciences & Systems Modelling
- Agroecosystems & Environment
- Food Science & Engineering
- Territories, Governance & Innovation in society
The INRAE Île-de-France - Versailles-Grignon Research Centre comprises 23 research, service or support units and an experimental unit. These units are spread over two major sites, Versailles and Thiverval-Grignon, in addition to Évry, Gif-sur-Yvette, Ivry-sur-Seine, Marne-la-Vallée, Massy and Paris. Today, just over 1,200 people work there.
95% of INRAE researchers in the Paris Region have opted for academic affiliation with the Université Paris-Saclay, a partnership that strengthens ties with AgroParisTech, a component establishment of this university, with which INRAE works in the Paris Region in the framework of fourteen research units in a co-tutorship arrangement.